Pregnancy Symptoms: 1st Trimester (Weeks 1 - 12)
- Period stops or becomes very light.
- Nausea or queasiness. Some women vomit. (“Morning sickness” can happen any time of day -- it may help to eat small meals throughout the day, snack on crackers or toast, or drink juice or lemonade.)
- Swollen breasts that may also be tender.
- Nipples and the area around the nipples (areola) get darker and broader.
- Frequent urination.
- Fatigue or feeling tired.
- Constipation and/or heartburn.
- Mood swings -- feel angry, sad, or happy for no reason.
Pregnancy is counted from the first day of the woman's last period. That means that at conception the baby is already considered to be two weeks old.
Want to know more? Go to Early Pregnancy Symptoms.